Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Leonardo Da Vinci


This world has produced many sparkling personalities whose intellectuals have amazed and inspired us. Leonardo Da Vinci is one among them who cant be neglected from the list and may fit aptly at the top of the list. Leonardo Da Vinci does not fit in the garb of one profession. He is an artist,scientist,mathematician,botanist,sculptor and the list goes on.

          His first profession was as a painter.Some of his splendid works are Baptism of christ, The Last supper, Mona Lisa, The Vitruvian man. Most of his paintings had indepth meaning with a futuristic approach and some had hidden secrets(as cited in many books).

          He was also a engineer and an scientist. Some of his works are study of the horse, the virtuvian man,study of foetus in the womb, study of arm, design of flying machine.

         Lot of his ideas paved path for modern discoveries like the design of helicopter, design of tank and solar power etc. 

In his early periods he posted job application to Ludovico Sforza, the ruler of milan. His resume is a inspiration for every individual.

"Having now sufficiently seen and considered the proofs of all those who count themselves masters and inventors in the instruments of war, and finding that their invention and use does not differ in any respect from those in common practice, I am emboldened … to put myself in communication with your Excellency, in order to acquaint you with my secrets" 

1.I can construct bridges which are very light and strong and very portable with which to pursue and defeat an enemy

2.I can also make a kind of cannon, which is light and easy of transport, with which to hurl small stones like hail

3.I can noiselessly construct to any prescribed point subterranean passages either straight or winding passing if necessary under trenches or a river

4.I can make armored wagons carrying artillery, which can break through the most serried ranks of the enemy

5.In time of peace, I believe I can give you as complete satisfaction as anyone else in the construction of buildings, both public and private, and in conducting water from one place to another.

6.I can execute sculpture in bronze, marble or clay. Also, in painting, I can do as much as anyone, whoever he may be.

7.If any of the said things should seem impossible or impractical to anyone, I offer myself as ready to make a trial of them in your park or in whatever place shall please your Excellency, to whom I commend myself with all possible humility.

 

 

 

1 comment: